STC Biosolids Dryer from SUEZ (Utility Service Co., Inc.) is a safe, low temperature drying solution that helps turn expensive biosolids disposal into a highly valued and marketable product to generate a new revenue stream. The resulting product can be easily transported, sold in multiple fertilizing applications or as an alternative fuel.
The STC unit is a safe drying solution that uses a hot water circuit at 160° F, eliminating the risks inherent to thermal oil and high pressure systems. The biosolids enter the dryer through a collection hopper and are distributed homogeneously onto the belt. The belt then moves the biosolids inside a closed air circuit at 160° F where the moisture is condensed to extract the water. After drying, the final class AEQ product can be easily transported with a guarantee of 90% solids content.
The STC dryer is a reliable and energy efficient system. The belt is covered throughout the entire process which minimizes noise and prevents dust and obstructions; no special control is required for odor or emissions. An extruder facilitates air flow and heat transfer inside the tunnel to maximize energy efficiency. Plus, the system can reuse any waste heat, allowing the dryer to work with a hot water circuit at 175° F.
Easy to use (start and stop system), the STC dryer is a fully-tested, factory-assembled modular system which can easily adjust to meet the growing needs of expanding wastewater plants. Each module can run independently, and all parts are easy to access, thus maintenance can be performed without interrupting the process.
Complete this short questionnaire to get a free Biosolids business case analysis.
Benefits of STC Dryer:
- Dust-free environment
- Operates outside the range of application of ATEX Directive (zero risk of explosion or fire)
- No burn risk. Low operating temperature process; uses a water circuit instead of an oil circuit
- STC maximizes energy reuse. Hot water circuit can be obtained from energy sources such as natural gas boiler, cogeneration engines, or heat pump technology
- It’s able to reuse waste heat at 170F (cooling water)
- EASY OPERATION
- Operated by the same dewatering operators
- Quick start-up and fully automated process
- Access to all equipment; partial maintenance with no equipment stoppage
- Most environmental friendly, socially responsible; limits greenhouse gas emissions
- Dust-free, minimized odors and volatile compounds emissions
- PRODUCT QUALITY
- It produces the best product; class AEQ product with 90% dry solids content
- The final porosity makes it very attractive for agricultural use and alternative fuel
- Tested maximum efficiency as a biofuel (gasification, pyrolysis, etc.)