FlocFormer from SUEZ Water Advanced Solutions (Utility Service Co., Inc.) is a fully automatic plug in device installed prior to any new or existing dewatering system. The technology is applicable to all types of dewatering systems (belt filter press, centrifuge, screw press, etc.).
It improves sludge management from economic and environmental standpoints. The patent protected technology improves Dry Solids (DS) percent content of sludge cake and reduces polymer dose for dewatering.
FlocFormer technology is a two-stage process, first a rapid mixer (where Biosolids and polymer are injected) and then two concentric cones to press the sludge as it flows up the device. Mixing improves density and stability, while pressure (including rolling against walls) develops pelleting and compacting. Several adjustable operating parameters (HMI/PLC interface) allows the unit to adapt to different flows, sludge and dewatering system; optimizing floc formation.
The result is a flocculated sludge made of compact and mechanically resistant flocs, enhanced for further dewatering.
Benefits of FlocFormer:
- Optimizes Polymer usage; up to 30% reduction
- Improves dewatering device DS content; up to 25%
- Reduces hauling/disposal cost; decreased sludge volumes and dryer solids content
- Enhances filtrate quality; reducing nutrient load back to the influent of the plant
- Improves energy savings in drying projects
Complete this short questionnaire to get a free Biosolids business case analysis.